Hi, I’ve had a few enquiries from customers about the change over from Internet Guru to Web Necessities and I thought it would be best if I address some of these issues.
Q. Why am I getting an invoice from Web Necessities?
A. Prior to January 2013 you had a website hosted with Internet Guru Hosting. Internet Guru Hosting has now become Web Necessities
Q. Who Is Web Necessities?
A. Web Necessities is a business owned and operated by Lucky Tanuki Pty Ltd.
Lucky Tanuki Pty Ltd also owns Internet Guru.
Lucky Tanuki Pty Ltd is owned by myself, John Parnell Pierce. I’ve been trading under the name Internet Guru since 1998.
Q. How can I confirm that you really are Internet Guru?
A. If you check your previous hosting invoices, you’ll see that they came from Lucky Tanuki Pty Ltd. You can confirm that Lucky Tanuki owns Web Necessities with a couple of online checks.
- Go to https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/RegistrySearch/faces/landing/bn/SearchBnRegisters.jspx
- In the section “Search business names register”, select “Business names holder – organisation”
- Enter “Lucky Tanuki” in to the “Name” box or our ABN – 78118502220 into the “Number” box
- The result should show that Lucky Tanuki Pty Ltd owns both Internet Guru and Web Necessities
- Go to http://ausregistry.com.au/whois
- Search for webnecessities.com.au
- The result should show that Lucky Tanuki Pty Ltd owns Web Necessities and that the contact email address is at Internet Guru
Q. How does this change over effect me?
A. There are a few important changes
- Most customers are getting substantially more data space and bandwidth allocation than before.
- As the billing is now automated your invoicing will be consistent and on time.
- The automated system is also strict on payment terms. Go 30 days over the invoice date and your account will be suspended.
- Our old system had issues with out dated contact information. You can now log in and update your details if they change.
- A better support and ticketing system.
- Bank transfers are made to different account.
Q. Why have you changed bank accounts for payments?
A. I will eventually be giving the task of confirming payments to staff. I don’t want them to have access to my main bank account. Thankfully ING has a facility that lets you easily create additional bank accounts with limited user access.
Q. I liked Internet Guru, why did you have to change it?
A. I like Internet Guru too and I’ll still be using it for my consulting and web application development work. However the web hosting business, which was started as a sideline, has grown to a size where it needs to be untangled from my existing business and run as an independent operation.
Anyway I hope that answers some questions. Feel free to contact me if you have any further concerns,